Paul Stenquist wrote:

> I've also noticed that it's harder to judge the horizonals and
> verticals. A grid would be an excellent solution. Frequently, when
> using a tripod, I tilt down to get the horizon at the top of the frame
> just to check position before tilting back up to my frame and
> shooting.

 For 35mm I usually do what you just said.  When I'm handholding I am
shocking at getting unstraight horizons.

 My 6x7 came with a Pentax grid screen.  It is absolutely fantastic
when I'm handholding it.

 I also have two spirit levels on my tripod head (Manfrotto 029)
which help a lot.

Cheers,
- Dave

http://www.digistar.com/~dmann/ (out of date)