I'm trying to get my all of my digital photos organized now that I have sufficient storage space to keep them all on one drive. That's the necessary prelude to making a complete REAL backup (i.e. one here, one there - NOT here IYKWIM).

I'm having a problem. When I first got the K10D back in March 2007 I set the date wrong, or perhaps failed to set the date at all. I didn't get the correct date set until 02Oct2007, about 6 months after I got the camera.

If I sequence the images from 2007 by date, the file numbers aren't in order. If I sequence them by file number the dates don't make sense.

I have certain events that occurred on known dates where I can compare the camera date in the EXIF to the date I know the event occurred.

Going from the first KNOWN date AND time - the first day of my 2007 Annual Training - the discrepancy is 452 days + 5 hours (+/- 10 minutes).

Adding 452 days + 5 hours to the EXIF date/time gives me the correct date and time for when I *know* I took the photo (+/- 10 min).

EXIF date = 10Jan2006 03:04 am; KNOWN date = 7Apr2007 approx 08:00 am

But other KNOWN dates give a discrepancy of 454 days (the + 5 hours seems consistent throughout).

For the most part, calculating dates by adding 454 days + 5 hours works, but for some days it just does NOT.

The calculated date is the wrong day of the week. The locations are places I could not have reached on a day that I worked and the calculated date does not fall on one of my days off. Plus I remember that I was at that location on one of my days off.

My first calculated date correction won't work unless I use 453 days - 452 days gives a Friday and 454 days gives a Sunday for a subject I know I must have been on a Saturday (a Farmers Market that was held only on Saturdays).

The 5 hours doesn't matter; adding it in still gives the wrong day of the week (Friday) - subtracting it gives a different wrong day of the week (Thursday) ... still wrong.

Anyone got any ideas?

There's bound to be an explanation in the way computers calculate dates for why it's doing this, but I can't see what it is.

-----
No virus found in this message.