From: Godfrey DiGiorgi
If you need to adjust the capture dates, Lightroom has tools to do
this and an option to reset the date in the original raw files' EXIF
data.

- first make a backup of everything
- import it all into Lightroom
- one group of files at a time, put them into collections and get them
into the right order
- be sure that in LR's Catalog Settings, Metadata tab, the "Write date
or time changes into proprietary files" option is checked.
- use the "Metadata->Edit Capture Time..." command to change the file
date and time values, one group at time
- once all the files sort properly by Capture time, use the
"Library->Rename Photos ..." command to name them in sequence
properly.
- back them up again.

It's always a complex process to sort out a mess. :-)

Thanks,

I copied these instructions into the spread sheet where I'm trying to sort out the dates & files.

Once I get Lightroom & have figured out what date/time changes I actually need to write to the EXIF I'll have the instructions.

I'm sort of in the middle here.

1/3 - Part of the files are already renamed properly and already backed up.

2/3 - I'm trying to sort out now to see if I can find a few missing files that I have perhaps NOT properly renamed.

3/3 - The third part is partially renamed, but still to be backed up properly. I need to make sure I've found all the missing files from the middle third that it's possible for me to find before I'll feel safe wiping additional drives to use for backup.

-----
No virus found in this message.