On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 1:15 PM, Ann Sanfedele <ann...@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> My mail is Netscape 7.0  Communicator...  I have a "pop" server on road
> runner...  but I seldom if ever go on line to use it..
> I just download everything to my computer and don't leave it on line...
> everything comes in as plain text except some HTML is
> treated as an attachment.
>
> Not only doesn't it strip out everyting below someones signature line but I
> sometimes do that manually myself...

I couldn't find anything specific to Netscape 7, but Thunderbird (as
of 2008) stripped off anything after a proper signature delimiter,
with no way to change that behavior:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=623725&start=0

Note that a proper delimiter consists of two hyphens and a space, and
the PDML list signature follows that convention. But 'tis a convention
more honored in the breach these days, so when you find yourself
stripping signatures by hand, it may be because the sender's software
does not use the proper delimiter.