ahha!
and I just hit reply and it stripped out the PDML delimitator in this email -- so it appears to be my Netscape

thanks guys!
ann

Matthew Hunt wrote:

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 1:15 PM, Ann Sanfedele <ann...@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

My mail is Netscape 7.0  Communicator...  I have a "pop" server on road
runner...  but I seldom if ever go on line to use it..
I just download everything to my computer and don't leave it on line...
everything comes in as plain text except some HTML is
treated as an attachment.

Not only doesn't it strip out everyting below someones signature line but I
sometimes do that manually myself...

I couldn't find anything specific to Netscape 7, but Thunderbird (as
of 2008) stripped off anything after a proper signature delimiter,
with no way to change that behavior:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=623725&start=0

Note that a proper delimiter consists of two hyphens and a space, and
the PDML list signature follows that convention. But 'tis a convention
more honored in the breach these days, so when you find yourself
stripping signatures by hand, it may be because the sender's software
does not use the proper delimiter.