Brian

I use Bibble Pro 5  for RAW conversion and  basic editng and image
adjustments, and it includes Noise Ninja  noise reduction.

It works so that it applies a default set of adjustment parameters to all
the RAW images, and you can set these based on your personal preference.
So as son as you load the images they receive basic batch processing. then
, depending on the images I crop, adjust horizon and fine tune exposure
and colour balance if required.

Everything is left as RAW, because Bibble (I think ACR does something
similar),  and stores the adjustment parameters in a sidecar file for each
image and applies them to the output images. So the original image file is
never altered.  The output images can be in tiff or jpeg and this where
the size of the output  image is specified.

I shoot RAW pretty much exclusively and it takes me no longer than when
the image files are in jpeg. Well actually it takes less time as jpegs are
harder to adjust.

 Bibble takes the same approach to jpeg editing, that is never altering
the original only applying the changes to any output files.

Philip Northeast
www.aviewfinderdarkly.com.au