From: Godfrey DiGiorgi

On 6/9/2011 21:50, Bob W wrote:

>> I don't know if you've ever had to deal with bullies, but if you went to a
>> boarding school, as I did, you'd observe quite quickly that the population
>> was divided into bullies, victims and people who stood up for themselves.
>> As
>> long as there were people willing to be victims, there were bullies. But
>> the
>> bullies only ever tried it once on those of us who stood up for ourselves;
>> even if we took a beating they found it wasn't worth their own pain to try
>> again.
A bully tried to take me on when I was a freshman in High School. I
figured I was going to get beaten to a pulp as I was no fighter, but I
wouldn't let him just victimize me. So we went out to the train
station to duke it out. I took off my jacket and glasses. He came at
me like a windmill and struck my head with his wrist. He didn't count
on my thick skull and broke his wrist on it.

I remember pulling on my jacket, suggesting he have it looked at over
in the campus infirmary, and didn't miss my train home. Didn't even
have a bruise. He was in a cast from elbow to hand for six weeks.

No one ever tried to bully me in High School again. I was now one of
the badasses. ]'-)

I was bullied up until Junior High School when someone tried to steal my desert in the lunch room and I stabbed him with a fork.