> > Er, London is a city too. Do you really believe that because some
> cyclists break the law all cyclists should be forced into unsafe
> behaviour? How about if all motorists were forced into unsafe behaviour
> because some of them break the law?
>
> Bingo!
>
> It's really easy to pick on cyclists - we're slower moving (compared
> to cars), we aren't enclosed in a steel and glass cage - we're easy
> targets.

[...]
> killed by automobiles.  If we're going to "crack down" on bad road
> manners, who should we go after, cars or bikes?  Yes, I know, the
> answer is "both", but please, don't target us before cars.
>
> cheers,
> frank

also worth pointing out that if the aim of bringing in a new law is to curb
the people who are already breaking existing laws, it ain't gunna work -
they'll ignore that one too.

What works is investigating the way traffic - all traffic - operates, and
redesigning the streets to improve it for everyone.