Yes, I do believe that if bikes cause safety problems, all bikes
should be force to follow reasonable rules.

I have been to London more than once.  London may be a city, but it is
in England, and the drivers and cyclists drive like Englishmen, not
like New Yorkers.  London taxis are driven by sane, courteous men and
women.  New York cab drivers think they are in a demolition derby.
London Cyclists seem to value their own lives;  some of the cyclists
in New York appear to be daring someone to hit them with a car
(preferably a limo).

Amsterdam has the heaviest bike traffic I have ever seen.  The bikes
move fast, but they move together in large groups, and in a very
orderly fashion.

The bottom line is that different circumstances require different rules.

Dan