Bob W wrote:

From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
Ann Sanfedele

.

They even cycle at night without lights or reflector The courteous and
safe have bells to jingle and lights so you can
see them at night, but there are far to many who are way reckless.

sure, but they're already breaking the law. Making it compulsory to use
cycle lanes just gives the bad cyclists one more law to break, and it makes
things more dangerous for the law-abiding cyclists.

I dont' really care if there is a law about it or not, Bob, I was just pointing out originally that the guy who made that vid said on TV he liked bike lanes, he just didn't want people to get tickets for not using them when they clearly couldn't because of obstructions... and that , at least in my neighborhood, I found it a lot easier to navigate crossing the street with the bike lanes arranged as they are here.
On the basis of this discussion I'd say your problem is not cyclists per se,
but New Yorkers in general since the cyclists' and drivers' behaviour seems
to be equally bad.

Yes.. but...
The cyclists are the New Yorkers -- the drivers are from New Jersey  ;-)
(a standard snicker here, but , in fact, most of the drivers in personal cars that are driving in Manhattan are not the ones living here - except on Friday afternoon and
Sunday night.

anyway... beating a dead horse here... sorry

ann