Gosh, seems to me there is a huge sense of entitlement going on here..
Whether deserved or not is not my business to judge.

I  dunno: I don't feel Pentax or any other manufacturer "owes" me
anything. If I like their gear, I buy it and use it. If not, I don't.
If I decide to move on to some other gear because it suits my work or
my fancy better, I do that. I vote for what I like with my wallet, and
let the manufacturers sort out how to make their profits themselves,
while I go on about making my own living and my photographs.

--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com