From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
Daniel J. Matyola
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 8:36 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: OT: Three so far

Thanks for sharing, Jeffery.

The cassowary is a very unusual and interesting bird, and your image
portrays it quite strongly.  Somehow, however, I like the simplicity and
symmetry of the peony more.

Like you, I'm a bit intimidated by portrait photography.  If you have an
interest in that area, however, just jump in and do it, even if you don't
have all the high end lighting gear.  There is quite a bit you can do with
available light, and if you experiment with it, you can develop your own
portrait style, instead of trying to imitate the pros.

Keep posting your work here and on the PPG.  Working with our own images and
hearing others' reactions to them helps us grow as photographers.

Dan

--
Dan Matyola

follow the directions.