Ann Sanfedele wrote:

>Perhaps in the general population - I think that particular eye problems
>may affect one's ability to read different font faces more easily than
>others.

Part of the reason no one's been able to come up with a definitive
answer to the question "which is better, serif or sans-serif?" is that
there are so many variables in typeface design and it's pretty much
impossible to perform a controlled experiment (all variables
eliminated except the one under test). But there's a lot of research
done on type and readability for all kinds of specific
disabilities/disorders. Typeface can have a big impact on readability
for people with dyslexia, for example.

Funny fact: Reportedly, one of the most readable typefaces for
dyslexics is... Comic Sans!

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com