From: steve harley
on 2011-10-06 11:07 Bipin Gupta wrote
Someone suggested here on PDML use of good quality clear packing tape
on the LCD, like the one made by the 3M company.
CAUTION / ACHTUNG ! While removing it, considerable force is required.
Chances are you will pull the LCD screen out if not careful. The LCD
screen is stuck with double sided tape to the camera body.

i use clear screen covers, fairly generic, with a much lighter adhesive;
there's no way they could pull as hard as packing tape when removed; i also use
this kind of thing on my phone

the one on my K200d was cut down from a larger piece, and has worn slightly at
the edges, but has lasted 28 months, so the small expense was worth it, i think

The problem I ran into with the clear screen covers is they would not go on smoothly & left bubbles underneath. I can get the clear tape to go on smoothly without bubbles.