On Oct 8, 2011, at 1:29, David Mann wrote:

> Myself, I always have either a hood or a cap on my lenses.  I consider UV
> filters to be superfluous, but they're not as bad as someone using a lens
> with a hood fitted in its "backwards" position.  That's fingernails on a
> blackboard to me.

I recently watched a "wedding photographer" shooting INTO THE SUN with the lens
hood fitted backwards.  Sunshine directly illuminating the front element.  I
wanted to say something, and realized that she probably "does what she does"
and wouldn't want to hear suggestions from the peanut gallery.

 -Charles

--
Charles Robinson - charl...@visi.com
Minneapolis, MN