I have experimented with LCD clear film protectors on my cameras, and
phones and have found bubbles form on the cheaper Walmart type
purchases. A friend of mine gave me a complimentary clear film from
Palm Inc. I could tell it was extremely high quality and went on my
K20D perfectly - absolutely no bubbles. It's been on for 21/2 years
now and I have not noticed any curling at the edges. Of course I had
to cut it to size for the K20D LCD screen. I can see no deterioration
of the image on the LCD whatsoever.
Best of all it comes of very easily - no pulling force required - and
can be stuck back again.
I can positively recommend use of protective film. It has protected my
LCD screen as I can see plenty of scratches on the film, so much so
that I must replace it with a new one.