>On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 2:50 AM, Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote: is what you are doing, or have you done, to improve your own photography?

I've been shooting film, both medium format and 35mm. Not being able to get an instant review of the shot forces me to be more careful and thoughtful on all the technical stuff, and also more intentional about composition etc. The film specific technical things - like developing and scanning - are interesting but not really important. Being able to nail the exposure without benefit of a histogram, seeing the composition without benefit of a preview, things like that are what is beneficial.

It also makes me processed orientated and less results orientated, which is a good place for me right now. WOuld not be a good place if I wanted to make money on my work.

Mark