> From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
> Larry Colen
> Years later it would seem.
>
> There are times that I think it would be helpful, or at least fun, to
> be in a photographic critique group where people were straightforward,
> blunt, and occasionally creative, in their critique of photos.  It
> would not be a venue for the faint of heart, nor the thin skinned, and
> it would be important that the feedback were given not merely as an
> excuse to slam or ridicule, and that praise were given when appropriate
> as often as criticism.

you could do worse than join your local chapter of the Royal Photographic
Society - they do have overseas groups. They have a distinctions programme
which involves you submitting sets of photographs to try and earn the
distinction. During workshops you get excellent critiques from the
distinctions panel, with feedback on what they think you need to do to
advance towards the distinction. It's very useful feedback and very well
delivered, but you have to put it in context. For example, the last time I
went I showed documentary / travel photos in a session that was primarily
intended for pictorial 'art' photography, and the evaluation criteria are
not really the same.

http://www.rps.org/distinctions_workshops

> I'd also like a 645D.

They can't help there. They're mostly old men with Leicas.