On Nov 29, 2011, at 7:12 AM, Daniel J. Matyola wrote:

> I miss Shel as well.  <G>  He was always blunt, and occasionally rude,

One would almost expect that being blunt and rude were practically requirements
for posting on PDML.

> but he made interesting and useful comments on images posted here, and
> his point of view always gave us something to think -- and talk --
> about.

Years later it would seem.

There are times that I think it would be helpful, or at least fun, to be in a
photographic critique group where people were straightforward, blunt, and
occasionally creative, in their critique of photos.  It would not be a venue
for the faint of heart, nor the thin skinned, and it would be important that
the feedback were given not merely as an excuse to slam or ridicule, and that
praise were given when appropriate as often as criticism.  I'd also like a 645D.