On 19/12/11, Dario Bonazza, discombobulated, unleashed:

>Main improvement suggested: get rid of that optical viewfinder and replace
>it with a good EVF a la Panasonic.

That would kill it for me Dario. The best EVF in the world is still a
bucket of horse turds compare to optical for me. And in case you'd like
to see the EVF i use every day, this is it:

<http://www.creativevideo.co.uk/index.php?t=product/sony_dxf-20w>

One thing I don't understand is:

>Cons:
>- Viewfinder frames what it wants and not what you want (due to 75% coverage
>and parallax),

>- Viewfinder gives you no info (neither exposure data nor focus point),

Where does this originate? It sounds to me like people are taking this
on without ever having used a rangefinder camera - hence not
understanding parallax error. And not wanting to be pedantic, but I
understand it's 85% coverage. The fact there is no information in the
optical viewfinder is of no consequence to me. I plan to use it in
either fully manual by zone focus, or fully automatic while pissed at parties.

The highlights don't bother me - - yet. I'm buying the camera for fun
and easy use - if I wanted quality I'd get a 1Dx or maybe even a K-5 ;-)

<http://www.dpreview.com/articles/4333175133/buyers-guide-enthusiast-raw-
shooting-compact-cameras/3>

--

Cheers,