> What is the best way to avoid film from releasing it's grip on the take up
> spool?

I generally run through about three or four frames - up to 2 or 3 on the
counter - before I start making photographs. Doesn't always work though.

> I loaded infrared film for our photo class project and was happily walking
> around a park taking pictures when I noticed that the film rewind knob
> wasn't rotating.  I had already shot about 10 or 11 frames through at that
> point.  It's very frustrating to find that out.  I had to rewind the film
> and then reload it back again risking fogging up the entire roll.  In any
> case I probably fogged up at least a quarter of the roll already trying to
> feed the film back into the take up spool.  I wish there was a better take
> up spool designed by Pentax.
>
> Anyway, just venting......please excuse the long post.

Ah, yes...Pentax had a nifty name for the take-up...magic-pins or something?
That is one of the reasons I finally bought new cameras. Hope it works out.

David

--
David Spaulding
Photographer