On 12/30/2011 11:02 AM, Eric Weir wrote:
Begin forwarded message:

From: "Google+ Discuss on behalf of
sausagefeatures"<google-plus-disc...@googleproductforums.com>
Date: December 30, 2011 5:29:15 AM EST
To: google-plus-disc...@googleproductforums.com
Subject: Photos of Children

I have been invited to view an album of photos on Google+ featuring my children
(both under 13).  I did not give permission for the photos to be used online
(or in fact for the photos to be taken in the first place). Is it possible to
get them removed from Google+? I have asked the owner but they are refusing.
As should be clear, this was posted to the Google+ discussion list.

Am I correct in understanding that permission was not required in either
case--in taking the photos or posting them?

Regards,
Eric Weir
Decatur, GA
eew...@bellsouth.net

"A man should be in the world as though he were not in it
so that it will be no worse because of his life."

- Wendell Berry

Under the law as I understand it, no, neither required permission if the photographs were taken in a location where privacy could not be assumed. If the photos were used for commercial purposes, i.e. advertising and no model release was signed, then there would cause for civil action. if the photos could be construed as child pornography then there would be a case for a criminal complaint. I haven't seen the photos but I assume neither is the case. Good manners would dictate that the photographer at least give some weight to the parent's request, but the photographer is pretty much within his rights if he chooses to ignore it.

--
Don't lose heart!  They might want to cut it out, and they'll want to avoid a
lengthily search.