Suggestions:

Speakers:  My favorites in recent years have been the Wharfedale W90D.
Good bass, perfect and accurate highs.  And they work well as furniture.
Just hire a pro to move them. :-)

Amp:  Get an Onkyo from the 80s or Sansui from the late 70s or early 80s.

Turntable:  Thorens TD-145 or TD-160.  Or I think my son has an AR XB for sale.

Come to Dayton to Hamvention in May.  Lots of good electronic values, if you're
not too far away.

Sincerely,

Collin Brendemuehl
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose"
-- Jim Elliott