Back in the 70's I managed the repair operation for a middle sized stereo chain.

I remember talking with one of the repair techs about his
recommendations to friends.  He always recommended one of the brands
that was easy and fast to repair, overlooking the brands that never
came into the shop.

It's interesting on how viewpoint depends on your outlook.  I'm sure
most of his friends would have preferred something that was less
likely to break.

We did warranty work on several major brands in a three states area.
On the whole, given the thousands of units that were sold, the major
brands were all very reliable.

Can't say what things are like now, that experience comes from a LONG time ago.

gs

George Sinos
gsi...@gmail.com
www.georgesphotos.net