On 2/24/2012 12:18 PM, Christine Nielsen wrote:
What information I have been able to find seems to be from people who are
not just fastidious with their batteries, but outright obsessive about them.
On the one hand, they seem to know a lot about batteries. On the other hand,
they seem like lunatics.
This is only tangentially related, but I'll mention it anyway, since
it relates to battery hygiene, and might save you a headache
someday... about a month ago, my K-5 had a little freak-out (google:
mirror flop) after I inserted an "over-charged" battery.  We're
talking about the Pentax Li-ion battery, in the Pentax charger...
there was a mix-up, and I had placed it back on the charger, even
though it had already been fully charged.  From the research I've
done, it seems the K-5 doesn't cope well with an over-charged batt...
my K-7 doesn't seem to have the same issue, and I haven't heard of the
issue with any other Pentax camera.  Since then, I've been more
careful about what's fully charged&  what isn't, and haven't had a
recurrence of the flops.

Like I said, only tangentially related to your issue, but after that
episode,  I guess I can understand how a perfectly nice person could
get a little lunatic-y about their batteries...

lol.

:)
-c

A fair point, well taken! :-D