On 2/24/2012 12:25 PM, John Sessoms wrote:
From: Walt Gilbert

So, I've got this fancy-schmancy smart charger and some new LSD AA's
(AccuEvolution) which had apparently been sitting on the shelf for
awhile as they were pretty low when I took them out of the package and
put them in my camera. So, I popped them into the charger and put them
in the "Refresh" mode, which supposedly charges, discharges, and
continues to do so until the batteries won't hold a greater charge anymore.

So, after a full day of that, the power goes out for a few minutes while
they're on the charger, and I have a wedding to shoot tomorrow (which,
as I explained to Frank in an unrelated message, is not as a "wedding
photographer" but as a friend of the bride who owns a camera). I'm just
wondering if it would be wise or stupid to just let them charge in the
normal "Charge" mode now without them having completed the "Refresh" cycle.

I've been surprised at how little quality information I've been able to
find on the web about properly charging LSD batteries. I don't know if
I'm just not using the right keywords, or what. I figured with all the
portable gadgets that require AA and AAA batteries these days, there'd
be thousands of good sites with a wealth information. But, I'm
apparently wrong, or just not looking for the right thing.

Any advice info or advice anyone can give me will be much appreciated.

Stop by Walgreens/Target/Walmart and pick up a couple of 8 packs of AA Lithiums for backup?
I would do that, but they run about $9.00 a set locally and I'm pretty cash-strapped at the moment due to the fact that the place I work was raided by the local sheriff's department for alcohol violations and I'm pretty much working for (meager) tips until we get back to normal. So I'll just have to make do with regular alkalines as backup. I don't think I'll be taking all that many shots, so I'm probably safe. But, just in case disaster strikes, I'd like to have /something/ to fall back on.

-- Walt