on 2/25/12 5:53 PMLarry Colen wrote
One thing I do is that when they are charged, I put them in the case all facing
the same way (just like they come out of the charger) and when they are
discharged, I put them in the case facing alternating directions (just like
they come out of the camera or flash) so I can tell at a glance whether the
batteries are charged or not.

i don't have any cases; as soon as they need charging, i pop mine in the charger, and once charged they go into a small open top cardboard box in specific drawer by my desk, not far from the charger; i also keep one charged set of 4 AAs loose in pocket of my camera bag

Has anyone tried the new high capacity eneloops yet?

no, my old eneloops just keep going, and they seem to hold enough charge for my uses