From: Tom C <caka...@gmail.com>
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:26 AM
Subject: Re: Mr. Bunnell on lens pricing...

>> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Christine Nielsen <ch...@inielsen.net>
>> wrote:
>>> http://nedbunnell.posterous.com/lens-prices-and-our-channel-strategy-in-the-u

Correct subject line this time (crap)...

And this statement: "To clarify, we have not "raised" the prices on
any lenses." is a bit disingenuous.

If the price the end consumer must pay for a given product is higher
than before, than explain to the consumer, how the price has not been
raised.

I understand that he's talking about price enforcement vs. price
raising, but the net effect is price raising.

Again... does he expect to sell more product at a higher price than at
a lower price?

"Any additional margin will go to the dealers not Pentax.”

So this means consumers will pay more, dealers will sell less, and
Pentax will not see any benefit even when their products sell for a
higher retail price.

Sounds like a lose-tie-lose proposition to me.

Tom C.