I'm not surprised the resolution difference is minimal and all but disappears when you compare linear resolution. The place the K-5 shines is in high ISO low light shooting as far as IQ is concerned. Studio shooting with plenty of light you might as well stick with the K20D. There are only really four reasons to get a K-5. Low light High ISO shooting. Extremely quiet shutter, (supposedly quieter than the Leica M9). Smaller lighter body, (the K20D hulks over the *ist-D), better autofocus. Notice resolution doesn't figure into this. Images taken with both the K20D should be near indistinguishable at any ISO under 800.

The total resolution difference is about 12% but linear resolution which is what really counts in discerning fine detail is only about a 5% difference. Since you're shooting in a studio and controlling the lighting you would expect little or no improvement.

With the Nikon D800 you'll see almost a 40 percent improvement in linear resolution. Now that is significant. But it still may not be sufficient to resolve the details you wish to be able to record.