I have an example of how amazingly low shadow noise is on the K-5 in my review:

http://enticingthelight.com/2010/12/01/review-pentax-k-5/#raw

For those who don't want to click through, here is the evidence
(warning, full-rez files):

Image as shot:
http://enticingthelight.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/IMGP2690.jpg

Image recovered in ACR:
http://enticingthelight.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/IMGP2690-recovered.jpg

Same scene shot with proper settings:
http://enticingthelight.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/IMGP2687.jpg

Sony should get a Nobel prize for this sensor  :-)

   —M.

    \/\/o/\/\ --> http://WorldOfMiserere.com

    http://EnticingTheLight.com
    A Quest for Photographic Enlightenment