I have to admit that it is a little hard to put oneself in your shoes
because your objectives seem at odds with each other.
You started off saying you wanted wide (for landscapes) and then say
that f3.5 is too slow for you. Few landscapes are shot wide open, and
most wide lenses are going to be slower than f3.5 unless you are
spending an ungodly amount of money.

All of your cameras are APS-C so 28 isn't really wide at all. 24 only
equiv. to the old 35mm "wide".
It is surprising you don't have a kit lens in your stable, if only for
the 18mm end.

I think the lens you really want and would be in love with once you
had it, is the Sigma EX 10-20mm (15-30mm equiv. FOV on APS-C) You can
find them used for around $350 (that's what I got mine for a couple of
years ago) to $400, for the f4.-5.6 version.
Feast your eyes on what it can do:
http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/lens-clubs/84539-sigma-10-20mm-club.html