Thanks, Collin!

I explained to Bruce why I'm planning to take three bodies -- to me, it's mostly a matter of not minding the encumbrance compared to having a camera readily available at a moment's notice. Also, I really can't get rid of the Promaster as I would likely get next-to-nothing for it, and it's the only reasonably substantial lens I have for wildlife photography, and it makes pretty great photos given the price I paid for it.

I think the A50/2.8 could possibly be within my price range, but assume that any FA lens will be entirely out of reach unless I can find one in ugly but working condition -- which would be fine with me. I don't plan on ever selling any of my lenses or cameras as I'm just not a rational person when it comes to such things.

As things stand, I'll likely opt for the DA 18-55 kit lens for the wider shots. I'm just not crazy about the f/3.5 max aperture. I'd like something a little faster, even if it means giving up auto-focus, metering and aperture controls -- but it'd have to be on the cheap.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll keep my eye out for good deals on them.

-- Walt