On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 7:25 PM, Walt Gilbert <ldott...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As things stand, I'll likely opt for the DA 18-55 kit lens for the wider
> shots. I'm just not crazy about the f/3.5 max aperture. I'd like something a
> little faster, even if it means giving up auto-focus, metering and aperture
> controls -- but it'd have to be on the cheap.

I rented a Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 for my trip to SD. It gave me several
of my favorite shots of the trip. I'll probably buy one when I have
the money. I mostly shot it around f/11. IMHO, for a wide-angle for
"big-sky" landscapes, you don't need something faster than f/3.5, but
you quite possibly want something wider than 18mm.

(I rented from cameralensrentals.com.)