From: Larry Colen

On Aug 30, 2012, at 2:04 PM, Paul Stenquist wrote:
Utter nonsense. It's one nincompoop's  list. The 1961 Corvair, for
example, is there only because an idiot wrote a book. And the 1995
Explorer is there by virtue of some bad tires. But since these cars
are so awful, I'll take the Series III XKE V12 off someone's hands
or that Biturbo Maserati. Hell, I'm even willing to shoulder the
burden of a Ferrari Mondial.

My understanding is that there were indeed some issues with the early
corvairs, though not nearly as bad as a particular egocentric
attention whore would have liked you to believe.

To the best of my knowledge, the only "issue" with the early Corvair was they would over-steer like European cars instead of under-steer like American cars.