On Jun 18, 2013, at 10:46 AM, Stan Halpin <s...@stans-photography.info> wrote:

> I've been otherwise involved the last few days without much time to do more
> than an occasional glance at the PDML. But I noticed your query Eric, and
> also noticed that the discussion seemed to get sidetracked from cameras to
> phones. I have the iPhone 5. I've used the built-in camera for more than a
> few beer-bottle photos to share on Facebook from obscure locales, and it
> works fine. But I would never consider traveling with the iPhone as my only
> camera. My strong recommendation would be the Pentax WG-3. I have the WG-2,
> haven't used it that much, but have been quite satisfied with the results. It
> is rugged, waterproof, and makes an ideal backpacking camera.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-WG-3-black-Waterproof-Digital/dp/B00B728M5U/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A7CWZEVWDFA0Y

Thanks, Stan. And Paul, too. I will definitely keep the WG-3 in mind. I've
thought about it for my outdoor adventures in the past, and it might bee the
right thing for this trip. The issue will be how to get the images up on the
web. Maybe I'll have to forego that on my walk and use my family's computers
while I'm with them.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

"The most important thing is the tee-shirt."

- Samara Alnafdage