on 2013-08-09 1:46 Eric Weir wrote
Thanks, Steve. Experiment with the 50 yesterday convinced me that I at least
need to take the 28, maybe just the 28.

50mm seems to work differently for different people; i don't use it for portraits much, but still the angle of view seems to suit me

BWIAI, where do you stitch panoramics? Lightroom?

mostly i've used used Hugin, and in my limited experience it is quite a powerful tool, though it takes some work

<http://hugin.sourceforge.net>

Photoshop has a built-in stitching feature too; i think there are probably several other tools; i have also made panoramas with iPhone 3 & iPhone 4 using third party apps (these models don't have the built-in panorama feature)