Pål wrote:

> I do believe that Pentax was seriously hurt by AF. In '84 Pentax started
> the release of their most ambitious and complete lens line and by '85 it
> was obsolete due to the success of the Minolta 7000. In retrospect, Pentax
> should have ditched the whole A-series of cameras and lenses and
> concentrate on updating or upgrading ME-Super or LX type cameras until they
> had an AF camera ready.

This is my opinion here, not the general consumers: I like the MF lenses
better than the AF. The build feels better and the motion is hard to match
with an AF lens. I am glad Pentax stuck with the A-lenses. This way I have a
whole load of lenses to choose from. This is why I stick with Pentax.

Again, this is my opinion...I know the business reality is otherwise.

Thanks.

Dave
--
David Spaulding