On Wed, Sep 11, 2013, Boris Liberman wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 2:21 PM, Darren Addy <pixelsmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> ... I'm not a big fan of composing on the LCD and have yet to
>> actually try an electronic viewfinder.
>
> You may be very pleasantly surprised on both counts here. I don't
> easily recall when I last used my K-5 and I totally don't miss optical
> viewfinder thereof...

Well, I've used all three recently: LCD screen, OVF (K-5 and Nikon
P7100), and EVF (Fuji X-S1).  I overall prefer the K-5 OVF; the P7100's
OVF is useless for anything other than a backup in bright light.  But a
screen, particularly a tilting or articulated screen, makes certain
shots a lot easier; a current-generation EVF is better than the P7100's
OVF.

If the K-5 had a better live view screen, I'd probably use it a bit more
than I did on our cruise, but really, viewfinders have better shooting
ergonomics.
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/