Yeah, I'm interested, but I don't think I'm going to be buying one.

On 9/20/2013 2:18 PM, Larry Colen wrote:
On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 02:02:12PM -0400, Mark Roberts wrote:
P.J. Alling wrote:

Really, I expected a 24mp sensor

I didn't expect it, nor do I want it. The Nikon D800 is notoriously
finicky about needing only top-quality, premium glass to take
advantage of its resolution and putting 24 megapixels into an APS-C
area results in even greater pixel density than that. I'll stick to
full-frame for those kind of pixel counts (in fact, I'd have preferred
if they'd kept it at 16 MP, though I understand the marketing reasons
why they didn't).

If the dual card slots are SD and CF I might even be interested in
this camera (if all this is really true) but I expect they'll be two
SD slots.

Face it.  We're all interested in it.

It will come out with some interesting new features, but sensor performance
will not be much improved over the K-5. There will be wailing and moaning
and gnashing of teeth.
1) It isn't full frame. Pentax is doomed.
2) The sensor performance isn't significantly improved, so it's not
that much better than any other APS body, and several FF cameras out
score it on DxO. Pentax is doomed.
3) The new features it has are not the ones I want.  Pentax is doomed.
4) Some small, but significant number of people will buy cameras that
have a manufacturing defect that is rare enough that it wasn't
detected in the prototypes. Many other people will imagine that their
camera has this defect. Pentax is doomed.
5) Meanwhile, several people on the list will buy it, and while it
won't be perfect, they will decide that it is a significant improvement
in usability over the K-5. They will be able to get a small,
but significant number of shots that they otherwise would have missed
with the K-5 family.  However, the quality of their work will not
make a sudden but substantial improvement.  Pentax is doomed.