Aw Marnie do not mock my beloved K-01. It is my carry-around back-up and often main camera. Never fails to take good photos and with a small or pancake prime is very compact & light. One feature I think is overlooked is the shape has flat surfaces -instant tripod horizonal & vertical. I used it just last week when the light went away to take some 1-15 sec time exposures by setting it on a flat surface. Works even with a short tele. How much was it on ebay? No no I can't afford another camera.

pdml-requ...@pdml.net wrote:
Message: 7
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 16:15:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:eactiv...@aol.com
To:pdml@pdml.net
Subject: Re: Anyone have the Pentax X-5? or Q7?

I am not sold on any bridge camera, but if I get  Pentax, I think I will go
for the MX-1.

Mainly because it supports RAW  files. There are tons of nicer compact
cameras out there, some pretty pricey,  some not. Many of the ones people have
suggested to me. But I am coming from a  specialized place of starting from
another brand of DSLR to begin with and  wanting a Pentax to get in the PUG
occasionally and the annual. It looks like  the MX-1 is doable. OR... Heh, I
just found it on ebay, the K-01. (Think I was  off list when that debuted.)
The MX-1 is cute and retro, and K-01 is downright  funky.

Marnie aka Doe:-)