On Oct 15, 2013, at 1:26 PM, Godfrey DiGiorgi <godd...@me.com> wrote:

> I haven't used the Flickr Publish Service in Lr, but I just tried it.

Thanks, Godfrey.

> 1- You don't get the option. Don't worry about it.
> 2- If you delete them from the photo stream folder in the publish module, the
> next time you click "publish" Lr will delete them from Flickr. I think.

Glad to know that!

> Far as I can tell, the point of using the Lr Flickr Publish Service is that
> you're going to use Lightroom to manage your published photos on Flickr. So
> you create sets and put them up there with Lr. If you don't change them, they
> just stay there. If you change things, they change on Flickr.
>
> Similarly:
> - If you upload things to Flicker outside of the Lr interface, Lr knows
> nothing about them.
> - You cannot tell Flickr to inform Lr about what you have there. It's one way
> communications.

This is beginning to sound less convenient. As you say, one-way communication.
[On second thought that might not be that much of a problem.] And sounds like
all-or-nothing, too. Let LR do it its way or do it yourself. [Or maybe making
changes outside LR wouldn't be a problem, either. At this point it doesn't seem
critical to me that LR to know about changes made on Flickr.

> I believe there's a way to delete a set you've published from Lr but leave
> them on the service, however I'd have to do more research to figure out how
> that works.

That would be much better. [But then maybe you'd loose the ability to republish
after you make changes on LR.]

I'm not asking you to sort this out for me. I'm just thinking out loud. Do my
own research and experimentation and ask for help when the  issue remains
unclear.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

"The most important thing is the tee-shirt."

- Samara Alnafdage