On Oct 8, 2013, at 1:27 AM, Godfrey DiGiorgi <godd...@me.com> wrote:

> All that really matters for display on a computer screen is the number of
> pixels UNLESS you're using a page layout app that understands the density and
> renders it. I set my web resolution JPEGs to 72ppi out of habit, but it
> doesn't matter at all for a browser's display of a photograph.

Strikes me as probably an interesting comment, but, novice that I am, I need
explanation.

> My output sizing for the web is similar to Cotty's ... up to 1200 pixels on
> the long edge for most photos these days. Sizes have gone up as displays have
> gotten larger and fast internet is more ubiquitous now.

Recently, I shared a set of photos taken at a candidates forum with the
organizers and invited them to use them however they would like, if they would
like. If I were to---I am going to!---start uploading smaller files, might I in
that situation invite people to request larger images if they would be more
suitable?

Regards,
Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

"Uncertainty is an uncomfortable position,
but certainty is an absurd one."

- Voltaire