On Mon, 8 Apr 2002 19:02:27 +0200, Artur Ledóchowski wrote:
>Hi,
>I have an opportunity to buy an AF500FTZ in "like-new" condition for
>about 40% less than the "normal price". I have an MZ-5n and a
>Sunpack MZ440AF. I wonder
>what I'll gain if I buy the Pentax flash and what I'll lose if I buy
>an MZ-S someday... In other words, considering the possibility of
>buying the MZ-S, considering the fact
>that the Sunpack is just a fully automatic, only-TTL flash, that
>serves me well so far and considering the fact that I my camera is
>the MZ-5n, I'd like to receive some
>advice from you, guys: does it make any sense to buy it? Or should I
>get on with the Sunpack until I buy the MZ-S and then buy an
>AF360FGZ?
>I know that if I buy the AF500FTZ, I'll get:
>- contrast control
>- slave
>- strobo
>- motorized zoom
>- flash output reduction
>But will I also get trailing curtain sync?

Yes.

> And how about the flash
>compensation?

No, not like on a pz-1p. Of course you can set your ambient exposure
manually then use your comp dial to reduce flash output like on the
5n. This is how I work, even when I was using pz-1p's.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a AF500FTZ upgrade sooner or later
that includes the features of the 360.

tv