On Mon, 8 Apr 2002 23:09:06 +0200, Artur Ledóchowski wrote:
>-----------------
>>>And how about the flash
>>>compensation?
>>
>>No, not like on a pz-1p. Of course you can set your ambient
>>exposure
>>manually then use your comp dial to reduce flash output like on the
>>5n. This is how I work, even when I was using pz-1p's.
>
>All right, so what should I do to get, say, -1EV flash compensation
>with my MZ-5n and the AF500FTZ?

Set the shutter speed and aperture manually for a correct ambient
exposure. In other words, set the exposure as if you had no flash.

Then, just dial the exposure compensation knob to -1.

The exposure compensation will have no effect on your shutter speed
or aperture because you've set them manually. The -1 will just affect
the flash output.

Am I making sense? It's very easy but might sound a little harder
than it actually is.

>You see, I'm asking about it because with my Sunpack I'm not able to
>do ANY manual operations and so I don't have any experience with the
>problem

The Sunpak is ttl, right? The trick will work with it too.

>>I wouldn't be surprised if we see a AF500FTZ upgrade sooner or
>>later
>>that includes the features of the 360.
>>
>>tv
>
>Yes, I'm sure we will but how much will it cost?:) I'm an amateur
>with an amateurish budget:)) And I'm married - I think most of you
>know what it means:)

For me it meant divorce.

>I think that getting the almost new AF500FTZ for about 40% less than
>normally is quite a bargain... But I'd like to know how complicated
>is the manual
>compensation? How long does it take to do some nice -1EV fill flash
>with the MZ-5n?

It takes a split second longer than having a separate flash
compensation control, but I find it to be pretty easy.

>The flash has the possibility to manually reduce its power output -
>does it work with the MZ-5n?

Yes.

tv