The AF500 will fire in TTL mode when ever it's
attatched to the MZ-5n, off camera you can use it
wireless via slave flash and calculate manually ( ie
no connectors ). Flash compensation is a trick, I
think the flash circuitry is there for it but there is
no way to get to it. The way to do the trick is to set
the camera MANUALLY to the ambient scene ( or close to
it ) and use the exposure compensation dial to set the
desired compensation. Since the aperture and shutter
are manually set the camera uses the flash to
compensate, works well for fill flash in daylight.