Are we talking alpint, jumping, cross-country or X-games kinda skiing here? :-)

My own experience is with cross-country. I bring the usual backpack, and a snoot bag with harness to fit across my chest for easy access to camera. When maneuvering in snow, make sure you have your arms free. That's important whether you're skiing yourself, use snowshoes or just unadorned legs. :-)

Jostein

-----Opprinnelig melding----- From: Christine Aguila
Sent: Saturday, February 01, 2014 5:56 PM
To: PDML List
Subject: Question: Skiing and Photography

Hi Everyone:

If you were to do a photo shoot of a ski outting, what might be your kit, preparation and strategy, and safety issues? Obviously, a photographer wouldn’t want to just wait at the bottom of the hill for shots of folks coming down the hill. How would you keep your kit safe when maneuvering along the hill?

Any tips and strategies from any PDML Skier-Photogs?

I’m not planning a ski shoot this season, but maybe next season.

Cheers, Christine