Someplace a few months ago I saw a video on back-country extreme skiing and the
photography thereof. You might try a search on YouTube.

It has been awhile since I skied, but IIRC I wouldn’t want to wear a backpack
or shoulder bag. Unless we are talking Bunny Slope and Green runs, in which
case the backpack would be ok.

I would be inclined to start with a WG-III in my pocket. Go out, set up, take
some shots. Figure out what was going to be the best focal length(s) for the
kind of shots I want to be able to get. Back out that afternoon or the next day
with K-5/K-3 and a single lens, wrapped in foam in a small backpack or daypack.
Set up and shoot away. Watch out for out-of-control crazies. Shoot some more.
Pack everything up, ski to a new location, repeat.

If I only had one shot at it with no time to trial test with a pocket camera, I
would take the K-5/K-3 with 50-135 as my main camera, the WG-III as a backup
and in case I needed to go wider than 50mm. I would not want to be changing
lenses in the snow, I would not want to go in and out of the ski lodge multiple
times to change lenses (condensation issues), and I would not want to carry
more than just one basic kit.

stan