From: PDML [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of David Mann
Sent: Friday, 28 February 2014 7:32 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Strange old colour film

Here's something the more experienced photographers might be able to help me
with...

Among these old slides I've been scanning are a handful of colour ones which
are not part of the
Australian stuff.  A few of these colour ones (but not all) appear to have a
kind of halftone
pattern.  See here for an example at 1200ppi.

http://gallery.multi.net.nz/photo/771/

As you can imagine it's fiendishly difficult to scan.  Once I have a good scan
(ie not blown out)
it's quite easy to get rid of the pattern in Photoshop.  Note I haven't done
any colour corrections
other than increasing the brightness a bit.

I've had a look using a 10x loupe and it looks a bit like an LCD screen but is
hard to make out at
such a low magnification.  I might try a higher res scan later, and I'll find
out whether the
microscope at my wife's work has a camera.

Could anyone fill me in on what the film might be?  The photo in the pic was
taken in 1951.  In case
you're curious it's part of a photo taken at the top of Dyers Pass after a snow
storm.  I might post
the full pic in future.

Cheers,
Dave