Using the term "astrophotography" is sort of like using the term "Dr."
or "PhD". It implies something that can be rather broad without
revealing the particulars. Frankly, I think that calling Milky Way
shots, (particularly with landscape sillouettes or light painting
)"astrophotography" is a stretch. But to each, their own.

In any event fast lenses are really only important if you must limit
your shutter speed, as we often need to do in terrestial photography.
In astrophotography, with a motorized, polar-aligned platform, your
shutter speed is limited only by your motorized/guided accuracy or
periodic error built into the gears. It makes little difference if you
are shooting at f2.8 or f/10 (as with using many of the popular
Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes for lenses). Most good apochromats for
astrophotography are around f/5.5 or f/6. Most photographic lenses
need to be stopped down 1 or two stops for best performance,
particularly off-axis. So the wide open "speed" of the lens only
determines at what focal ratio that one or two stops down is going to
BE. A *scope* made for imaging has no such aperture iris and is made
to shoot "wide open" because that is your only choice.

Stacking images in post-processing allows you to take your longest
guided/polar-aligned images and reduce noise, effectively pulling out
more detail.  A lens that performs well when stopped down to f5.6 is
plenty good for astrophotography, though a lens that is fine at wider
apertures might be even better. The DA* 200mm f2.8 is, by all
accounts, one of the Good Ones, for deep space objects like nebula,
galaxies & star clusters.

--
Photographers must learn not to be ashamed to have their photographs
look like photographs.