From: "larry" <larryl...@sprintmail.com>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 8:22:08 AM
Subject: Re: What does everyone now use?

My main camera is a K3. This has come after a long evolution.

In 1968, I bought a Spotmatic so that I would be able to take pictures of my
soon to be born child. (This past summer, my wife took her (our daughter's)
daughter to look at possible colleges.)

After many years of wonderful service, in 1985, I replaced it with a
Super-Program (one of my co-workers convinced me that I needed a more
automatic camera. It was a lot easier to get what I wanted, and I could use
all my Spotmatic lenses.

Later, on a business trip to Singapore, my wife convinced my to "up-grade"
to a Z-1. Now I had autofocus.

Than came my unfortunate involvement with this list. I short order, I had
bought used versions of KX and MX. The KX was like a K-mount version of a
Spotmatic and the MX was just a beautiful body.

After years of digital envy, I bought an ist D. It met my needs, and I could
mount all my lenses with their original capabilities (other than power
zoom).

A bout in the hospital made the shake reduction capability of the K10D
necessary.

The dam had burst.

This was soon followed by (after appropriate price reductions) a K7 (smaller
and lighter and now my granddaughter's camera), and a K5 (better resolution)
and the K3 (great no-flash capability).

As I aged, I've simplified. Now I use a very wide zoom lens (18-250) on the
K3. Am I always happy with the results? No. I'm just not unhappy enough to
want to carry more equipment. A camera, its lens and a tripod has to be
enough!

Larry in Dallas

---